m o o n & (2018)
“one of LA's finest dance companies” - LA Dance Chronicle
Join us for the WORLD PREMIER in partnership with LAPP and Ford Amphitheater on August 26, 2018
Mirrored by the eight phases of the moon, moon& is a new evening-length work by Stephanie Zaletel for szalt (dance co.). The piece will premiere under the light of the full moon and will feature an all-female company of six world-class dancers paired with electro-acoustic composers Louis Lopez and Jonathan Snipes performing live. Co-produced with Los Angeles Performance Practice, moon& dives deep into infinity cycles, gravity, paradox, and memory development.
“[Zaletel has] a unique choreographic voice, creating work that is meditative, introspective, haunting, and... dream-like."—SeeDance.com
For this IGNITE performance, in addition to seating in the house, a limited number of on stage seats are available for audiences to experience this new work enveloped by the dancers.
- CHOREOGRAPHY - Stephanie Zaletel
- LIVE SOUND - Louis Lopez & Jonathan Snipes
- REHEARSAL DIRECTION - Jordan Saenz
- LIGHTING DESIGN - Pablo Santiago Brandwein
- CAST - Lindsey Lollie, Eden Orrick, Sarah Prinz, Amir Rappaport, Mecca Romero, Stephanie Zaletel